Image Map

6/9/12

How To Get MINT GREEN Hair!!

     First of all, there is no such thing as pastel hair dye. To get a mint color you need to dilute an already existing hair dye. Also, you will need to bleach your hair to a light blonde color. Now when I was looking for hair dye I was torn between Special Effects' Fishbowl and Sonic Green. In the end I decided on Sonic Green because mint is a more green color. I was right. This hair dye color was PERFECT! It got my hair to the color I was picturing in my mind without any trouble. After bleaching my hair I got a plastic bowl and a bottle of conditioner out and simply went for it.
 
     I can't say if there is a specific conditioner to dye ratio because I was just eyeballing it. When I mixed the two together (a little dye and a lot of conditioner), it turned out blue. As time went on it never turned a green color. This is fine. You want the dye darker than you want it to turn out. I did a little strand test and the color was amazing. It wasn't too light and it wasn't too dark. I saturated all of my hair in the mixture, put a shower cap on, and waited half an hour.

     After 30 minutes i washed out the color with cold water. It was amazing!! Although there were still a few blonde patches, the green was a pretty light minty color. I then simply reapplied the mixture to the blonde patches, waited another half hour, and rinsed again. I'm so happy with how the color came out and I still have over 3/4 of the dye left to touch up whenever it's needed. I won't fully wash my hair until 24 hours after i rinsed the second time to ensure that the color set.
 
     The SFX color Sonic Green worked wonderfully. I'm afraid that Fishbowl will be too blue, as well as other turquoise colors. It's my belief that if you want mint green hair, you need to use a green hair dye, not a blue one. Good luck!! Hopefully I'll have an updated picture soon of how it turned out :)
<3 Tess 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

is the picture of the hair at the top you, because I really like the colour or is it just a picture like yours?x

Post a Comment